According to research, the reason why private adoption is so costly is because the cost is not covered by taxpayers, unlike foster care. There are many different costs that occur all throughout the process.
– birth mother expenses (hospital, housing, food)
– government and legal fees to make the adoption official
– counseling with potential birth mothers
– agency overhead and expenses
– advertising and presenting your case on your behalf
-back ground checks along with finger printing
In the United States, private adoption usually costs anywhere from $20,000 to $60,000. As you could imagine, we were floored when we ran across these numbers. How in the world are we supposed to make this happen?! Unfortunately, we don’t have the exact number until our baby is in our arms but we have a pretty good estimation at about $60,000. That number could change as we go along. Our goal is to raise $30,000 and we will cover the rest of the expenses.
If you would like to give to our adoption cost, please visit our GoFundMe page here.